2018/2019 Fully funded Eni Scholarship for Africans to Study at the University of Oxford
2018/2019 Fully funded scholarship – St Anthony’s College, University of Oxford in partnersgip with the international integrated energy company Eni is offering up to three students from Angola, Ghana, Mozambique and Nigeria or the Republic of Congo (Congo-Brazzaville) the opportunity to study foe a fully funded degree in 2018/2019.
The Eni scholarships will allow St Anthony’s to admit up to three of the best African students irrespective of means and will add immeasurably to the diverse and intellectual character of the College. This is part of a joint initiative between Eni and St Anthony’s College to invest in and strengthen African leadership.
Eligibility for the Eni Scholarship for Africans
- The scholarships are open to applicants who are ordinarily resident in Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Nigeria, and the Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville). Preference will be given to applicants whose first degree is from an African university.
- The scholarships will be awarded based on both academic merit and potential and financial need. Preference will be given to applicants who have clear ambitions to use their accumulated learning to benefit their home country after graduation.
- Applicants must apply for admission to one of the following eligible courses:
1 year Master’s courses
- MSc African Studies
- MSc Economic & Social History
- MSc Economics for Development
- MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
Please ensure you meet the requirements for entry to your course, including English language requirements. See the University’s course guide for more information.
The scholarship covers 100% of university and college fees, and an annual grant for living costs of £14,553 for 12 month courses and £10,915 for 9 month courses. The stipend for courses with different duration will be adjusted accordingly.
The scholarship also covers one economy return airfare from your home country to the UK at the start and end of your course.
How do I Apply for this Scholarship?
To be considered for the scholarship, please follow these three steps:
- Read the information on thiswebpage carefully.
- Apply online to the University of Oxfordfor one of the eligible courses as listed above. You must submit your application for graduate study to the University by the January deadline (8 or 19 January 2018 depending on the programme you apply to – please check the University’s guidance on application deadlines) and you must have secured a place on your chosen programme of study by the expected final decision date (16 March 2018). It would help if you select St Antony’s College in the college choice section of the application form, though this is not compulsory.
- Once you have applied to the University, please complete the online Eni Scholarship application form(available at: https://weblearn.ox.ac.uk/direct/eval-evaluation/16740) The deadline for submission of the form is 12 noon, UK time, on Friday 16 March 2018.
Please note that incomplete and ineligible applications will not be considered for an Eni Scholarship.
How will I know if I have been successful?
Emails will be sent to successful candidates by the end of May 2018. Applicants who are not contacted by then, should please assume that the application has not been successful on this occasion.